Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I had the best dream last night. I actually learned how to be enlightened. I basically just figured out how to slip into a state where i could be fully aware of events and emotions, yet simultaneously reflecting on them, and it is an ability that i could just turn on at will. Though the method did not remain, I woke up with a feeling of serenity and awareness, as well as a sharpness that i don't usually get at 6 am without the requisite morning coffee. As I bathed in my morning mood swings (that's right, I AM menopausal), I was actually able to understand the underlying causes, and that made life seem better.

on the train a guy was sitting and reading the newspaper, trying to spread it out in a way that the two seats next to him would not be taken, and giving me a dirty look when i took one of them. in a less enlightened mood i might have hated him for the rest of the train ride, but i forgot he existed five seconds later. then as i exited the train, i quickly blew a poison-tipped dart through my teeth, hitting him right at the intersection of his turkey neck and jawbone. he was so surprised! it worked out well, cause no one really wants to sit next to a stiff reading a newspaper anyway.

No comments: